Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TUTSPLUSAdminTUTSPLUS (Admin, PSDTUTS) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • keisukechankeisukechan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Photoshop really isn't a good program to design typefaces in anyways. Most modern typefaces use vector bases so that they are scalable. Illustrator is a much better environment for typeface development (or specialized font development programs). That being said, to actually export to a .ttf or .otf format is rather difficult without specialized software like FontLab (which is not free). The actual design of a typeface could be addressed, but not the translation into a usable font file.

• shaknovskshaknovsk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with zachlebar, but this kind of tutorial could be possible in a different website. Like he said, Photoshop isn't free.

• zachlebarzachlebar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

true, a free font program tutorial would be nice, but guys, Photoshop isn't free. I don't have any problem with free Photoshop tutorials, and obviously neither do you. What I'd like to see is a series geared to the theorys and design principals behind good typography, as well as how specifically to do it. Maybe even a typotuts site?

• LBrotherLBrother commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@texas_23:
        That's correct! The tutorial is for free, so we expect free practices.

• texas_23texas_23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would also be very interested in reading such an article. but it must be based on non-commercial font programmes. otherwise its worthless

Feedback and Knowledge Base